Why still single...?




"Why are you still single?" he asked.






Hand under his head, staring into my eyes. The question grips me as sudden as the chill that glides through my body as I pull the duvet closer to my naked body. Trying to decide if answering the question was the safe thing for me.






I’m not ready for what’s available. I don’t want to compromise that which I hold as sacred, I thought to myself instead I blurted out, “I’m not ready.”
I was waiting for you. I thought….
I was waiting for you to defy my words and actions, cut through my snide comments and remarks as attempts to throw you off course, burst through the layers upon layers of walls defending my already bruised and stitched yet bleeding heart.  Knowing this was an attempt at searching for a needle in a pile of haystack with little expectation of actually finding this needle, I envisioned an unhindered you with all that you are and more, only, not the halved version of you that stares into my eyes.


#available # snagged #single #fornication #adultery  #married #heartbreak #broken #bleeding #unfaithful #love #questions #stitched # #bleedingheart # halfofyou #half #allofyou

Comments

Popular Posts