NWANNEM NWANYI


“Nwanne m nwanyi”
She called me.
My heart skipped a beat
And I smiled to myself.
Imagining her here with me and embarrassed.
It's Love I told myself.
That’s what happens when you love one, unconditionally,
Despite the odds,
It's beyond blood
Yes, blood started it all.
But blood has nothing to do with the strength of this chain
Blood has nothing to do with the light burning deep inside.
Blood is the excuse she built the bond on, thanks, maama,
For this paragon, my nwanne m nwanyi.

Words cannot describe what I feel for you.
Just the thought of you,
Sends me running back home,
Even in your absence
I CRAVE home.
I see you everywhere
I hear you everywhere
I feel you everywhere.

FYI:
In your absence,
Your room becomes mine,
Cozy, warm, welcoming, soothing
Emphasis on “absence”
You’ll probably send me off if you were here.
Your room, I sleep in every time I'm home.
Everything I touch, I imagine your response to,
Then I go ahead with it, smiling to myself.

Home isn't my house but where my heart is
Home is my family
Home is nwa nnem nwanyi
Ada nnem
Ada nnam
Ada m.

Ada nnem,
You may not be perfect to the world,
But you are to me
Don't stop being you,
I’ll love you the same anyway...
For your presence in my life,
I'm indebted to him.
Growing up with you wasn't easy
But I won't have it any other way.
I am the Me today partially because of you.
Partially?
I lie
I am me because of you. 
A sister cannot describe what you have been to me.
Words can't describe what you mean to me.
The day I find the words to sum up your worth in my life is probably the day I draw my last breath.
Love you Ms Chinwem Alexandra Temi-Tope Amina N’adi
My nwannem nwanyi


Comments

Popular Posts